Saturday, March 12, 2011

I love you...




One day you will read this little man, and I want you to know how greatly you have changed my life for the better. You are smart, funny, content, happy, sensitive, and so curious. Everyday with you is the best day of my life. I don't know how daddy and I got so lucky to have such a special little boy. I thank God for you always, because I know if it weren't for Him you would not be here.

Your smile makes my heart sing, and I love watching you learn new things everyday. You really love to read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see?" and the minute I say the title you get a huge smile and look at me. Another favorite is Good Night Moon and Llama Llama Red Pajama. You laugh hard when Lu Lu comes to kiss you, and you love when I say "Are you my baby?". Daddy can get you laughing too. He lifts you up in the air, kisses your belly, and makes what I call "boy noises" you love it. You love when we pretend to eat your feet, and you laugh so loud when I put you on my hip and sing and dance. You are such a joy in our life Liam. I don't know the title to your favorite lullaby, but it goes like this:

I love you Lord
And I lift my voice
To worship you
All my soul, rejoice
Take joy my king
In what you hear
May it be a sweet, sweet sound
In your ear

I sing this to you every night, and it's the only song that puts you to sleep. I have tried others, but you grunt and jerk until you hear your favorite song.

Every morning when you wake up daddy and I come in (if he's home) and gently say "good morning?" "Hello?" "It's a new day sunshine". I open your curtains, and gently turn on the light. This is one of my most precious moments with you. You get so excited when you hear my voice. You are always sleeping on your tummy, and when you hear us, you start kicking and wiggling. You lift your head and smile so big. When you see me, you bury your head in your mattress and then look up again with that beautiful smile. I love you so much. You always wake up so happy.

You are most content when you are sitting with daddy and I. We can put you in our bed together and you lay there for hours listening to us talk. Every now and then you will interject with an "AAHH" if we take to long in paying attention to you. One of my favorite memories of you, was when you were about 11 weeks old, and you laid in bed with daddy and I all day long. We watched Toy Story 3, and you slept so soundly right between us. We are so lucky.

You love to lay on your back and grab your toes. You try so hard to put them in your mouth, but your belly is just too big. You love being kissed all over. Especially your neck. You smile big when daddy and I kiss your ears. I love when I go to lay you down for your nap and the minute we walk in your room and turn down the lights you bury your head in my shoulder. You get so excited to nurse, and start going "Ah Ah Ah" until it's time. Rocking you to sleep is very precious to me. This is "our time" with no interruptions. Just mommy and Liam. You nurse, I sing, I rock, I kiss you, and in these moments you are so pure, innocent, precious, beautiful, my sweet boy. Most of the time, even though you are asleep I will rock you in silence just watching you breathe, and admiring your beautiful spirit. I will never forget these moments with you Liam. They are so short lived, and before I know it, you will be so big and these special moments will be a memory. I cherish all of our time together, and I feel so honored that I was chosen to be YOUR mom, and help you grow into a man. I love you Liam.

No comments:

Post a Comment