Saturday, March 12, 2011

My First Solid Food Experience!


Liam has been on rice, oatmeal, and barley cereal now for over two weeks. The doctor had suggested increasing his food intake and adding yellow vegetables to his diet. The only thing we had in the cupboard was corn. So I pureed it up for him with some formula. I have to say, he was not too excited about it. He is on day 3 of eating corn and cereal. He is slowly starting to get used to it, but still prefers the rice cereal. I'm a little worried since he has not pooped in two days. I'm starting to wonder if he has an allergy to corn? I also feel bad, because I read on the Internet (I really need to stop doing that) that corn is NOT a good first food for babies because it's very hard to digest, and very common to have an allergic reaction. A symptom of allergic reaction is constipation. This new mom stuff is hard. I bought sweet potatoes today , so I'm going to try that next. I hope I haven't caused Liam to be uncomfortable from the corn feeding. Pictures to come of his meal time. So cute, but super messy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment