Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sleeping Through the Night...

We are on Day 5 of you sleeping through the night! I think it has to do with a lot of things, but mainly I think you are finally full when you go to bed. It makes me feel bad that maybe these past couple of months you were waking up so much because you were hungry. We have you on a great schedule now. You wake up at 8:30am and play for an hour. At about 9:30-10:00am you eat you oatmeal and this week you are trying avocado. You seem to like it. You go down for a nap at 10:30 and will sleep anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours. You always take at least 1 two hour nap a day. You are such a good baby. Anyway, when you wake up you play, eat a bottle, and then go back down for your second nap. You wake up about 4-4:30pm. I get home about 5:45pm and feed you more cereal and avocado. You have about 3oz of breast milk and then take a quick cat nap at 6:45pm for about 20-30 minutes. We play until 9:00pm, when we do your night time routine, which includes changing of the diaper, pj's, and a massage. We also turn on your lullaby CD at this point. I give you a 6-8oz bottle and you are out until 5:30am!! 

This has been an adjustment for me, as I still wake up at a 2:00am anticipating you waking. Plus, at this point I need to pump to keep my milk supply up. You will sometimes fuss around a little, but you have been putting yourself back to sleep. At 5:30am you are starving!! We change your diaper (which you scream through because your so hungry) and I bring in another 6-8oz bottle and you go back to sleep until 8:30am. Pure Bliss! We have been unable to nurse because your nose has been stuffy this past week. Also, you have teeth, and will bite me occasionally which completely wakes you up because of course I gasp with pain!! I miss nursing you, but the bottle has seemed like a better option for us at this time.

I'm so proud of you Liam. You still wake up quietly and happy in the mornings making little noises and playing in your crib. We have to watch you closely though, because you love to play this game where you roll onto your back and put your blanket over your face until mommy and daddy come move it. You get to breathing pretty hard, and although it's cute, it sometimes scares us. You laugh when we pull the blanket off, and if we don't take the blanket you will continue to do it. We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment