Friday, March 25, 2011

Spoke too soon

So we aren't still sleeping through the night. Last night was so difficult. Liam was up every 2 hours and at 4:30am, he absolutely refused to go back to sleep. I rocked him until 6:00am. Matt even tried and nothing worked. I wish he could talk so I would know what is bothering him. As a new mom here are a few things that run through my mind in the wee hours of the morning with a restless baby:

 1.       He is allergic to something:
a.       Formula
b.      The new sweet potatoes I’ve been giving him
c.       The rice cereal
2.       Tylenol
a.       Maybe I gave him too much/too little
3.       Do his teeth hurt?
4.       Maybe his onesie is too tight
5.       Maybe he can’t go to sleep because he can smell my milk and it’s making him hungry
6.       Is he hungry?
7.       Maybe he is getting a cold
8.       Maybe his ear hurts
9.       Maybe he has to burp
10.   Maybe he is waking himself because he has just learned to babble and likes to hear himself.

The list goes on and on. Hopefully tonight will be much better. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment