Monday, April 18, 2011

Advice from Daddy


TO MY SON,
       TODAY IS MONDAY, OUR DAY TOGETHER.  I JUST PUT YOU DOWN FOR YOUR ROUTINE NAP (IN ACCORDANCE WITH MOM’S RULES).   YOU WOKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR NAP, SO I ROCKED YOU BACK TO SLEEP.  NOW NORMALLY I WILL PUT YOU BACK INTO YOUR CRIB BUT I STARTED THINKING ABOUT MY LIFE AND WHAT ADVICE I COULD POSSIBLY GIVE TO YOU.  WHEN I LOOK BACK AT ALL MY MEMORIES THERE IS ONE THING THAT HAS BEEN APPARENT THROUGH OUT MY THIRTY YEARS.  THAT'S THE PEOPLE THAT I HAVE SURROUNDED MYSELF WITH. MY FAMILY, FRIENDS, YOUR MOTHER, NANA,PAPA, GOGO,  YOUR UNCLE MARC AND AUNT JESS, YOUR UNCLE STEVE AND AUNT ASHLEE, JUST TO NAME A FEW. THEY HAVE BEEN THERE THROUGH EVERYTHING WITH ME. IN YOUR LIFE YOU WILL GO THROUGH DISAPPOINTMENT, DEFEAT AND SORROW.   SO MY ADVICE TO YOU IS THIS:  SURROUND YOURSELF WITH GREAT PEOPLE, THEY WILL PICK YOU UP WHEN YOU HAVE FALLEN, CELEBRATE WHEN YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED, HELP YOU TURN DISAPPOINTMENT INTO GREATNESS, DEFEAT INTO SUCCESS, AND SORROW INTO HAPPINESS.  WALK THROUGH THIS LIFE WITH GREAT PEOPLE; YOU WILL BE A BETTER PERSON I PROMISE YOU.
 I LOVE YOU SON,
   DAD

1 comment:

  1. This is sooo sweet! Great advice too! People that love you are always there when you need them and that is a great thing that life bring us. Liam will turn into such an amazing boy and man just knowing the people he is surrounded by. He is a lucky boy and is loved very much!

    ReplyDelete