Friday, June 3, 2011

Getting so Big...It's Bittersweet

My sweet Liam. You are growing so fast. There are many moments when you absolutely amaze me with the things you learn and do. It's pure bliss watching you grow, and as I type this, my heart literally wants to pound out of my chest with the love and pride I feel for you.

As much as I love seeing you learn all these new and exciting things, a side of me feels sad. Sad that my time with you is going by so fast. You bring me so much joy, and I love being your mommy. I never knew that life could be so filled with bliss. I understand that it's a part of life to raise you, and watch you grow, but I often ask God if he can slow it down just a little.

I still cherish our time together in your rocking chair. I'm getting emotional writing this, but I LOVE rocking you to sleep. I love how you snuggle your head in my arm while you drink you bottle, and then afterwards you cuddle my neck. It is the BEST feeling in the world. I love the way you breathe, and your little smiles that pop up while your sleeping in my arms. People tell me that I'm creating bad habits by rocking you to sleep every night, and for every nap (almost every nap, if I can get home from work...I really do try everyday to get home for at least one of your naps) I don't care. This is our time together, and I do not want to give it up for anything. I know you love it too.

So here are some of the incredible, amazing things you are doing at only 8 months old. I call you a Baby Genius!

  • You can wave "hello" (I have posted the video of this in a separate blog in entry)
  • You LOVE LOVE LOVE to read! I can read you almost anything and you become so intrigued.
    • Your favorite books right now are
    •  Good Night Moon (You have become very excited recently when I read the beginning lines of "In the Great Green Room, there was a telephone, and a red balloon, and a picture of...
  • You love looking at numbers and letters. You stare at letters anywhere you see them. You also are enthralled with watches and like to look at the numbers.
  • You love to jump in your bouncer and when I say "Do you want to do "bouncy bouncy" you starting jumping and kicking your legs.
  • You love to stand with someone holding your hands, and practicing to walk
  • You go EVERYWHERE in your walker. We have things picked up all around the house. You are so curious about things you can't reach, and love exploring the house.
  • Recently you have started to love watching daddy and I talk on the cell phones. In fact we gave you daddy's old phone (which you broke, by the way, by slobbering all over it). You laugh so loud when we pick up the phone and say "Hello Liam?", "Oh here he is"!
  • You are SO CLOSE to standing up by yourself.
  • You are still a great sleeper, sleeping 8-10 hours at night.
  • You can pick food up on your own and put it in your mouth. You eat (but I'm not sure if they are your favorite) the Gerber sweet potato stars.
  • You are trying so hard to say "Hi"!
  • You do say "dah dah" "La la" and other noises that don't make sense, but they are so beautiful to hear.
  • If we put a book in front of you when you're in your walker, you get excited and make a bunch of noises pretending to read. You point to the pictures in the story.
  • You love to bounce, and immediately start bouncing when I say "Do you wanna do the bouncy bounce?"
  • You still wake up smiling, and now talking. Mostly saying "Dah Dah", but I can tell "Ma Ma" is coming soon!
  • You love when I show you pictures of babies and say "Kiss the baby". You smile so big and open your mouth and try to kiss the picture.
  • You give the biggest, wettest, most wonderful kisses ever. You LOVE kissing mommy. When I say "Give mommy kissies" you open your mouth and plant one on me. I love it.
  • You are wearing 2T clothing
  • You are in Size 6 diapers
  • You are growing out of the sink for bath time, but I hate our tub, so I won't put you in it.
You are just a special boy Liam, and we love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment