Sunday, August 14, 2011

WE MOVED!

Moving was a little bittersweet for me. We desperately needed to move because we had completely run out of space at our 900sqft. 2 bedroom 1 bath house. It was sad because it was the first place Matt and I lived after we moved to Chico. We had been there almost 3 years. It was the place we grew as a married couple, the place we conceived Liam, the place we found out I was pregnant, the first place Liam came home too, the place where we shared a lot of really precious memories. It was a house with a lot of "first" memories for us. And I LOVE keeping record of "firsts". But it was just getting too small with Liam learning to crawl and walk. Here are the pictures of our old and new house.
OLD





Matt is an amazing husband. When I found out I was pregnant, I wanted to move immediately. Matt convinced me to stay for financial reasons, but promised me he would re-do the front yard for the baby. I wish I had some "before" photos of the yard. It was hideous. Covered in dirt, trash, and plastic tarps. There was even a man made septic tank in the front yard! It was GROSS! But Matt spent hundreds of hours keeping his promise, and making the yard beautiful for Liam and I. I was hugely pregnant in the summer, and I have such great memories of sitting out front with a glass of water or juice, helping Matt (well, really I just watched) while he worked so hard for his unborn son. It was so sweet. He even went as far as installing a sprinkler system. I know it was hard for him to leave, after all the work he did.
NEW



We couldn't be happier here! It already has a yard that Matt doesn't even have to do anything too! Plus, landscaping, water, and pest control are included in the rent. And did you see the added bonus? My veggie garden that was already planted when we moved in! We get lemon cucumbers, cucumbers, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and squash. It's so fun! I'm learning as we go. The house is 3 bedroom, 2 bath, and we feel like we have moved into a mansion. PLUS the 2 car garage! We are so excited to start this new chapter in our lives. Liam is so happy too! We actually have carpet for him to crawl all over, AND a sidewalk in a nice suburban neighborhood to go for walks. We are so thankful for everything we have this year. Thank You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment