Sunday, September 18, 2011

Liam's 1st Birthday Luau!

Liam's party was 1 week before his actual birthday on September 18th. We celebrated at Matt's Aunt and Uncle's house. As you can tell from the pictures, it was a GREAT place to have a party!

My mom helped me decorate, and used hula skirts to cover the pool gate. She is so creative!

My amazing boss Julie did the fruit platter for us. She does them every year at our work Luau, and she did a beautiful job. The fruit was a big hit with the babies.

There is my sweet birthday boy! I had his shirt made here.. On the back it says "Birthday Boy" with the #1 . He had a great time at his party, but he was DONE by the end. It was nap time, and that became VERY obvious!

Aunt Ash and Cousins Morgie and Tay

This was the funniest picture session ever! It was towards the end of the party and the babies were all getting tired. Liam started to cry and then they ALL started crying. It was complete chaos and so hilarious!

"Get me outta here!"

From left to right: Cadience, Jace, Gavin, Liam, Anthony, Parker, and Colin

So pathetic. "Just take me home mommy" (No, that isn't blood, it's just cake frosting that I smeared on his lips in effort to get him to eat his birthday cake,...it didn't work)



The Cake Pops were a HUGE hit! So much easier for the babies to eat!
Jace enjoying his cake pop!

Cadience loved hers too!
video

Liam does not like sweets, or being the center of attention. When we sang Happy Birthday, he completely lost it. He cried the whole time. He didn't even want to look at his cake. I was not surprised. He barely eats fruit because it's sweet. Matt and I were not expecting Liam to "dig in" to his cake. In fact, I would have been shocked if he did. Our guests thought it was hilarious that a 1 year old wanted nothing to do with cake. But, that's our Liam. No sweets, and no showing off! The sparkler kind of scared him too. Poor Guy.











"I REALLY don't want this mom!"


"I don't know if I trust you anymore..."

Overall it was wonderful day. It was everything I had hoped it would be. We had great food, family, friends, and that's all I wanted for Liam. I can't believe he is 1. Where did the time go? That's a whole other post coming later!
Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment