Thursday, January 12, 2012

Don't Stop Praying!

I'm calling on EVERYONE to pray for little Tripp Roth. Even if you've never prayed before, or don't believe, I'm asking you to try. You can read his story here. It has literally brought me to my knees! He is nearing the end of his courageous and horrific battle with EB. The family has specifically requested that you pray for "peace" for Tripp as he gets closer to meeting Jesus. If you have time, read his story from the beginning. He. Will. Change. Your. Life.

Tripp,

Although we have never met in person, and I've only read and seen you through your blog that your mommy has so beautifully written, I want you to know that I am a better person because of you. I used to resent the fact that I had to work, and that my life isn't exactly where I thought it should be. You changed so much for me. I hadn't prayed or spoken to God in months, and you changed that. You made me hug my son tighter, kiss my husband longer, and rely on Jesus more. YOU have made me appreciate life in a new way. At night, I hold my baby longer in my arms while he sleeps, and I'm IN THE MOMENT for everything. I wish you and your mommy didn't have to pay such a hefty price for me to learn these things.

I'm so excited for you to meet Jesus and run, sing, and play...PAIN FREE! I'm sure he's ready to meet you, and greet you with a golden drum set. What a glorious thought that is. It's the only thing that gives me comfort as I prepare to grieve the loss of your physical being. YOU ARE SO STRONG. Thank you for being you. Thank You for playing the drums even when you were in pain, and smiling, and standing even when you were covered in sores. I often think of you when I've had a bad day, or don't "feel like" doing something. I think "If Tripp can do it, I can do it". I often praise God for giving you such an amazing mommy when I think of your battle and all that you've accomplished in your short little life. She has been your unfailing, unwavering, and constant companion. What a lucky mommy she is to have had you. You make her so proud. She practically beams through the words she writes about you. What a beautiful boy you are. Perfect.

Thank You for making me a better mommy, wife, friend, daughter, sister, and above all, thank you for bringing me closer to Jesus. I love you little Tripp, and will remember you always. Praying for Peace, and I won't stop. I promise.

Love,
Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment