Sunday, February 26, 2012

17 Months

My baby is 17 months old! How did this happen? I guess it may be time to edit the title of my blog. As he get's older the word "new life" doesn't really apply. However, in my mind, it still VERY much applies. Liam is learning so many "new" things everyday. His vocabulary has exploded, and last night he actually argued verbally with me, about having his "ba ba" before bedtime. It was precious. I could listen to his voice all day long. It's my definition of true joy.

Liam celebrated his 17 month of life with style! We went to Redding for the weekend, and hung out with Matt's parents. The highlight of our day was going to the Turtle Bay Museum. It was amazing! Liam was so obsessed with everything they had to offer. I think his favorite was the floor to ceiling fish tank, or the "parrot playhouse". He saw so many animals, and was running around exploring all the new things. Matt and I were beaming with joy. These are the moments that we talked about ever since we were teenagers. Taking our children to museums, theme parks, vacations, etc. We have always looked forward to where we are today, and it's such an amazing feeling.

Liam is still a big boy, and weighs 30.8lbs. He is in the 97% for everything. He wears 2T pants, and 3T shirts. He is a size 6 1/2 for shoes. He LOVES Elmo, and dancing to Adele. His top 2 favorites are "Rolling in the Deep" and "Someone Like You". Watching him "dance" to Adele is hilarious. I've always danced with him, doing exaggerated slow dance moves (kind of like ballet), and now he tries to copy me. He slowly spins, lifts one delicate hand in the air, and points his nose upward looking at the ceiling. Then he take a quick peek out of his eye to make sure I'm watching. I laugh just thinking about it. He also loves grapefruit, and any kind of cracker. He still does not have a strong sweet tooth, although I feel it coming. He LOVES the few minutes before and after bath when we turn the music up, and let him dance around the house naked. It's hilarious, and we have LOTS of video for future blackmail. Liam loves to read, and find the letters "O" and "I" in books. He likes the sound planes, trucks, and cars make. Every morning he sits in the sink, with a little running water, brushing his teeth and playing while I do my make-up. This is one of my favorite times with him. He is so sweet, and well behaved. We discovered this week that Liam can open and close the bedroom doors in our house. It's one of his favorite things to do. He still has a love affair going with his vacuum, however, I think the broom may be slowly winning him over. Liam knows almost all his body parts, and points to himself when you ask him "Who is Mommy's baby"? I could go on and on, but if you read this blog, then you know that Liam is perfect, and there's not much more to say. Happy 17 month of life Liam! You are my JOY.



I hate dislike birds, but I wanted to be a good example for Liam. He loves to watch birds flying outside, or on T.V. We knew he would love the "Parrot Playhouse" at The Turtle Bay Museum. I, however, was not that amused,, but I did it, and I think that counts for something.








No comments:

Post a Comment