Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013

I love Christmas. This year was no exception. Even though I was 8 months pregnant, it was so magical and exciting. Liam completely understood the magic of Christmas, and was eagerly waiting for Santa. This was also the first year that Santa's elf "Star" visited our home to check on Liam's behavior. I will admit that Star did not make it to the North Pole nightly, and found a spot in the house that he liked to stay for a few days at a time. We told Liam it was because he was so well behaved, that Star did not need to go report to Santa. Liam was already of the "nice list". It's pretty cute that although I'm writing this in January, Liam still talks about "not getting presents from Santa" if you make "bad choices". Let's hope this continues through 2014. It's pretty cute.

We had so much fun shopping for Liam, as this was the first year he had a list of items he wanted. What made this year so much fun and relaxing was that since I was pregnant, I didn't wait until the last minute to shop or wrap presents! I felt like I could really enjoy the little moments. This was also the first time in 8 years, that I took the whole week of Christmas off. It was wonderful, and I will cherish all the time I got with my boy. We got to play, laugh, bake Christmas cookies, and just slow down. We talked about Jesus and his birthday, and read lots and lots of books. It was awesome, and just made the Holiday season that much better.

We spent Christmas Eve at Matt's Aunt and Uncle's house. My mom and Matt's parents stayed the night at our house, and after we opened presents we went to Matt's sisters house for breakfast. We let Liam sleep in our bed on Christmas Eve since we had guests. I was up at 6:00am so excited for him to wake up. He didn't get up until almost 7:15am and it was killing me! I think I was more excited than him. His first words when he saw all of his presents and family was "What the heck?" I don't know where that came from? I think he was so shocked, he didn't know what to say. It's a memory I won't forget, and our last Christmas as a family of 3!















1 comment: